Monday, February 19, 2007

Even deaf babies can read

Well, since it's been firmly established that I'm a truth teller, I suppose it couldn't hurt to expound even further upon the purpose of this blog.


As Dan Brown might say, "It was a dark and stormy night and there was two people and I like them people and they was there. And candles was." Well said, Mr. Brown. I guess I'll spare you the lascivious details of the moment, but the point I'm getting at is that my wife and I conceived a child. Or she conceived. Or I did. I'm really not sure who's responsible for what, but conception occurred. So, being rather risk averse, I thought it might be prudent to hedge our bets against birthing a deaf child. Most deaf babies are hearing impaired and cannot hear words of affirmation and love spoken to them (citation needed). However, even deaf babies can read. Now, if I could only figure out a way to make my baby read words of affirmation, then maybe he or she would not grow up to be a homicidal freak (or, worse yet, unpopular).


My first inclination was to write my reflections in my diary. But what would happen if I was ever lost at sea and couldn't reveal to my loved ones where I'd hidden the key to Mrs. D's lock? Or what if I didn't have time to black out the parts from 1993 when I had a brief, but earnest, infatuation with Diamond Rio? It would be best if I could record my thoughts in a place accessible to my friends and family. It would also be nice if that place was one in which I could share all of my favorite recipes and celebrity gossip--you know, two birds with one stone, that type of thing. That's why I decided to write this blog.

1 comment:

spaghettipie said...

Whoa...did you really just admit that you liked Diamond Rio? Have you learned how to use the edit button on your blog? Might want to do that.

Really, though, I think it's an awesome reason to blog. What a precious gift to that future Skid (or Bar).